How to Make Red and White Gazpacho
In this segment, Chef Cristian Feher, joins Jerry Penacoli and Cyndi Edwards on the Daytime Show to demonstrate a quick and easy cold soup recipe – Eclipse of Red and White Gazpacho.
Many people are familiar with tomato-based red gazpacho. But did you know that there is also white gazpacho? It’s made with grapes, apples, milk, garlic and other fresh ingredients.
Here are the recipes:
Tomato and Cucumber Gazpacho
– 1 can of san marzano plum tomatoes
– 1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
– 1 chopped red bell pepper
– 1/2 diced onion
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 lime, the juice of
– 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Basil, chiffonade
- Put all ingredients, except for the salt and pepper, into a food processor and process until soupy and a little chunky.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chopped ribbons of fresh basil (chiffonade).
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of seedless grapes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ cups of day-old bread, cubed
- ½ cup of blanched almonds
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender, except for the salt and pepper, and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve chilled.